Due to the different kinds of allergens present in the atmosphere, people are constantly facing multiple issues such as sneezing, irritation, itching, chest pain, etc. If you are someone who regularly suffers from these allergens then you need to note that these allergens are airborne and get carried with the moisture that is present in the air.
In case you are searching for an immediate solution to these problems then you are at the right place. Here you will get to know the answer you are looking for. To avoid these kinds of circumstances (being affected by allergens) you can always rely on the latest technological solutions. The solar-powered dehumidifier is one such tool with which you will be able to reduce the number of allergens present in your home and constantly keep the humidity level of your room or apartment in check.
Solar dehumidifiers are one of the latest innovative appliances which have the ability to get rid of the excess moisture that is present in your home and helps you lead a healthier lifestyle. These humidifiers can bring about exceptional changes in your life because by installing these appliances you won’t have to suffer from any kind of airborne diseases, or allergies and maintain a comfortable humidity level in your room.
Check out the 7 best solar-powered dehumidifiers
Now that you have realized that solar-powered dehumidifiers can be a fairly effective and efficient solution to your problems (especially if you are living in a humid climate) you can visit different websites and shopping platforms to purchase the same.
However, researching and selecting the perfect solar-powered dehumidifier for you can be quite troublesome for a lot of people and that is why I have properly researched and compiled a list of solar-powered humidifiers that can be the perfect match for your home or apartment. Here is a list of 7 best solar-powered dehumidifiers you can choose from:
Gocheer Dehumidifier with Auto-off feature
- Efficient and energy-saving dehumidifier – If you purchase the Gocheer Dehumidifier then remember that it will offer you both efficiency and energy saving. Equipped with a 2000ml tank, the dehumidifier can easily remove 1000ml moisture from the room in a single day. The energy consumption of this particular dehumidifier is only 48W per hour making it one of the most energy-efficient appliances.
- Automatic shut-off feature – To prevent water from overflowing from the tank Gocheer Dehumidifier has an automatic shut-off feature. There is an indicator light attached to the dehumidifier which will turn red when the tank becomes full. You can easily open the tank and dispense the same.
- Exclusive customer service – Gocheer is known for its customer service. This dehumidifier comes with a generous 60 days free exchange along with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can conveniently contact Gocheer customer service in case you come across any issues while using the solar-powered dehumidifier.
- Quiet operation – During its runtime, the noise produced by Gocheer Dehumidifier is less than 40dB which means you can also use it in your bedroom or when you are sleeping.
In case you are searching for a large dehumidifier that will be sufficient for your apartment then you can purchase the Gocheer Dehumidifier that comes with a 4-liter water storage capacity. This solar-powered dehumidifier is highly energy efficient and has an automatic shut-off feature. Let us have a look at some of the exclusive features of the Gocheer Dehumidifier.
- The price of a dehumidifier is extremely reasonable.
- There is a quiet mode available in the dehumidifier with a low level of noise (under 40 dB).
- While purchasing this appliance you will also get an exchange period.
- This dehumidifier can only cover an area of 720 square feet.
Vremi 50 Pint 4,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier
- Adequate for medium and large spaces – The Vremi 50 Pint Dehumidifier can be considered one of the best dehumidifiers for medium and large spaces. To be exact you get the most out of this dehumidifier if you are using it on 3000 square feet to 4500 square feet space.
- Turbo mode for maximum moisture removal – There is a turbo mode feature available in the Vremi 50 Pint Dehumidifier which is extremely effective in spaces with high humidity levels. The turbo mode efficiently removes moisture from the room in a minimum amount of time.
- Two types of drainage systems are available – Another advantage of using the Vremi 50 Pint Dehumidifier is that you can use two types of drainage systems. In the first type, you will have to manually remove the water tank and throw away the water. This manual system is combined with an automatic shut-off feature. On the other hand, you can attach it with a drain hose outlet.
Vremi 50 Pint Dehumidifier is a suitable option for people who are living in comparatively bigger rooms or apartments. With a sleek and attractive design, the solar-powered dehumidifier comes with multiple modes to suit your needs. The fans of this dehumidifier are also extremely quiet which means you won’t need to worry about any kind of noise at the time of its functioning. Let us have a look at its additional features which makes it a unique choice among its users.
- It can easily remove 50 pints of water.
- There is an auto shut-off feature available.
- You can use different modes according to your room’s current condition.
- It can efficiently work on an area of 4500 square feet.
- It is available in only one color.
Midea Cube Dehumidifier for Basement
- Unparalleled flexibility – The flexibility offered by Midea Cube Dehumidifier is second to none. For example, if you opt for the no-bucket option then you won’t have to worry about constantly disposing of the water because it will be done through a drain hose. It also has a nested design which means you can store it anywhere and use it whenever you want.
- Auto restart function – If your home or apartment goes through power outages then you don’t need to worry about restarting the appliance. The appliance will automatically restart by itself depending on your settings.
- Smart control with a drainage system – Due to the Wi-Fi connectivity and Alexa voice control assistant, the dehumidifier will notify you with all the details such as room temperature, humidity, etc. To add to your convenience you can also preset the water levels.
If you are searching for a solar-powered dehumidifier with a cube-like design then you should certainly opt for Midea Cube Dehumidifier for the Basement. Although this particular dehumidifier is perfect for basements you can also use it in rooms with high humidity including bathrooms. Another attractive feature of this dehumidifier is that it supports Alexa voice control assistant along with Wi-Fi connectivity.
Although the size of the Midea Cube Dehumidifier is smaller than any conventional dehumidifier it can work 3X times better than other similar appliances. Furthermore, you won’t have to regularly empty the water tank of this dehumidifier because the product comes with a huge water tank.
- You won’t need to worry about installation.
- Alexa voice assistant control makes things easier for you.
- There is an auto-defrost function available in the dehumidifier.
- As a user, you will have the option to increase or decrease the capacity of your water tank.
- There is only one color available for the dehumidifier.
Pro Breeze Mini Dehumidifier
- Better moisture removal – If you are using Pro Breeze Mini Dehumidifier for small places then it can prove to be a highly efficient solar-powered dehumidifier. The dehumidifier can easily collect up to 9 ounces of moisture from the room. Therefore you can also use it in your washroom and basement.
- Improved energy efficiency with minimal noise – The Pro Breeze Mini Dehumidifier has an ultra-quiet feature which means you won’t have to be worried about any kind of irritating noise. The energy efficiency feature of this dehumidifier is also one of a kind. Overall this dehumidifier is portable, lightweight, and extremely easy to use. The optimal temperature for using this device is 59°F – 86°F.
- Easy to dispense – One of the best features of the Pro Breeze Mini Dehumidifier is that you can dispense the accumulated water in a hassle-free manner. After the water tank has been filled (which you will be able to know about through the indicator) you need to remove the tank and throw away the accumulated water.
If you are looking for an energy-efficient dehumidifier then Pro Breeze Mini Dehumidifier would be the most appropriate choice for you. Be it an RV, basement, laundry room, kitchen, closet, etc. you can use it anywhere. Furthermore, this dehumidifier only consumes 0.04 kWh and it can easily be connected to the solar system for smooth functioning.
More importantly, the Pro Breeze Mini Dehumidifier comes with lots of altruistic features such as the size of its water tank being huge, ultra-quiet, automatically off feature, LED light indicator for the water tank, etc. This modern appliance has quite exceptional features such as high tank capacity, and thermostat cooling which we will discuss in detail.
- Due to its small, compact yet efficient design, you can use it in a boat, RV, camping van, etc.
- The dispensing mechanism of this dehumidifier is undemanding.
- You can use it continuously 24*7.
- The power output of the Pro Breeze Mini Dehumidifier is 23W per hour.
- You will not be able to use this dehumidifier below 41°F.
- Smart and efficient dehumidification – The TaoTronics Dehumidifier is incredibly efficient and the best part is that it can effectively maintain the humidity level of the room. There is a built-in humidity and temperature sensor available in the appliance that supports the system.
- Protection from water overflow – The water tank capacity of the TaoTronics Dehumidifier is 6 liters and when the tank becomes full it will alert you about the same through an indicator attached to the dehumidifier. Furthermore, it will automatically shut down to prevent any kind of overflow.
- Easily drain the water – If your dehumidifier is attached to a drain hose outlet then you just need to click the pump button which will make the water go out through the outlet.
- Comes with an on-off timer – Another unique feature of the TaoTronics Dehumidifier is that it comes with an on-off timer. It will enable you to program the dehumidification according to your needs so that you can be incredibly energy efficient.
If you are looking for an energy-efficient dehumidifier adequate for large spaces (and also comes with maximum functionality) then TaoTronics Dehumidifier would best suit your needs. TaoTronics Dehumidifier can easily remove up to 50 pints of moisture from large spaces. Moreover, it comes with a lot of attractive features which we will discuss below.
- The dehumidifier provides protection against overflow.
- You can get smart dehumidification through this appliance.
- There is an automatic on and off timer available.
- Except for white no other color is available for this dehumidifier.
Arctic Wind Flat Panel Energy Star Dehumidifier
- Easily slide from one room to another – If you look carefully at the bottom of this dehumidifier you will be able to see heavy-duty casters. With the help of these casters, you will be able to glide these solar-powered dehumidifiers from one room to another. So no more picking it up and moving it (which also reduces the chances of accidental breakage).
- Efficient controls – The smart and efficient control panels of the Artic Wind Flat Panel Energy Star Dehumidifier make it a smart appliance. The adjustable thermostat combined with the unique comfort option has turned it into one of the best solar-powered dehumidifiers you can ever come across. Your dehumidifier will constantly maintain and adjust itself according to your room temperature.
- Drain directly – Unlike any other dehumidifier, the Artic Wind Flat Panel Energy Star Dehumidifier has direct drain access which means you will be able to drain the water using a simple outlet system. If you are using this dehumidifier then you won’t have to worry about periodically tossing out the accumulated water.
- Powerful and coherent dehumidifier – The Artic Wind Flat Panel Energy Star Dehumidifier has the ability to remove 50 pints of moisture from the air (in the accumulated water). This dehumidifier also uses an R410A refrigerant which allegedly does not affect the ozone layer. It is even effective for damp spaces that have extremely high humidity.
If you have a small room then you can opt for Artic Wind Flat Panel Energy Star Dehumidifier. The small size of this solar-powered dehumidifier makes it an ideal choice for anyone who is living alone in a small apartment. You can also utilize this in your basement, washroom, laundry room, etc.
The Artic Wind Flat Panel Energy Star Dehumidifier comes with lots of special functions such as direct drain access, smart controls, efficient controls, an adjustable thermostat, etc. Let us have a look at them in detail. Let us have a look at some of the exclusive features of this dehumidifier.
- Beautiful and efficient ergonomics with smart controls.
- The brand offers a one-year warranty.
- A maximum of 4500 square feet of space can be covered using this dehumidifier.
- It operates quietly and can run 24*7.
- For the drainage system, you will not receive any hose with the dehumidifier.
- The only available color for this solar-powered dehumidifier is white.
Nakoair Store Solar Air Dehumidifier
- Two-in-one feature – As mentioned earlier the Nakoair Store Solar Air Dehumidifier can work as a dehumidifier as well as a ventilator. More importantly, it is solely powered by solar energy therefore you won’t have to worry about utility bills.
- LCD thermostat – Another prominent feature of this particular dehumidifier is its LCD thermostat which will let you know about the current humidity level of the room, room temperature, time, etc. Furthermore, the stats are accurate and easy to comprehend.
- Easy to install – Unlike any other solar-powered dehumidifier the Nakoair Store Solar Air Dehumidifier can install effortlessly. You will be able to install the dehumidifier by yourself if you go through the instruction manual.
- High-quality sealing strip – The sealing strip used in the Nakoair Store Solar Air Dehumidifier has been made out of silicon rubber which makes it weather resistant and sun-proof. Due to the same reason, you won’t have to worry about leakage and the tempered glass of the dehumidifier provides excellent transmission.
This solar-powered dehumidifier can be used for dehumidification and ventilation purposes. The best part about this dehumidifier is that you won’t have regularly maintained it. Be it a basement or any other humid room the Nakoair Store Solar Air Dehumidifier can be your optimal solution.
This solar-powered dehumidifier comes with other features as well. For example, it has a sturdy heat absorbing board, auto switch mechanism, better quality sealing, etc. Let us have a look at the features of this dehumidifier in detail.
- You can easily install it by yourself.
- The operating principle of the dehumidifier is extremely straightforward.
- Extremely low power consumption.
- This dehumidifier is not compact in comparison to other dehumidifiers.
If you want to control the humidity level at your home and prevent any kind of allergies just like me then I would recommend you opt for solar dehumidifiers. If you are using solar humidifiers you won’t have to be worried about the extra utility bill because the appliance is run using solar energy.
The above-mentioned products are the best ones you can find in the market but you will have to be very careful when it comes to choosing from them. You have to consider important factors like noise level, size of the appliance, the space of your room, etc.
Overall using a solar-powered dehumidifier creates a win-win situation for you because it not only helps you control your home’s humidity level but at the same time you can bump off your respiratory issues as well.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to run a dehumidifier 24 hours a day?
Depending on the type of dehumidifier you have purchased, a dehumidifier can extract from 12 to 20 liters of water per day. This means if you are using a 480w humidifier then it would use 0.48 kWh of energy in 24 hours. On the other hand, if your dehumidifier is 157w then it would consume 0.157 kWh of energy while running for 24 hours.
What are the 2 types of dehumidifiers?
If you want to purchase a dehumidifier then know that there are two types of dehumidifiers available in the market. These two are – desiccant and refrigerant. The main difference between these two types of dehumidifiers is the process through which they extract moisture from the air.
What is the best size dehumidifier?
If your room is 500 square feet then you should opt for a dehumidifier that has around 10-pint removal capacity. In case the total size of your room is more than 500 square feet you will have to look for a dehumidifier that will be appropriate for the size of your room. For example, if your room is 1000 square feet then you should opt for a dehumidifier that can extract at least 14 pints of moisture. Also, remember to add an extra 4 pints for every 500 square feet capacity.
What is the lifespan of a dehumidifier?
On average, the total lifespan of a dehumidifier fluctuates between 5 years to 10 years. However, if you really wish to increase the overall lifespan of your dehumidifier then you should properly take care of the appliance. For starters, you can rinse the condensing coils, clean and unload the water bucket, replace the air filters of the dehumidifier, etc.
Does a dehumidifier lower the AC bill?
Yes, a dehumidifier has the ability to reduce your AC’s electricity consumption. When you use the humidifier it will reduce the moisture level in your room which will bring down the temperature of your room and the atmosphere around you will become cooler. Henceforth, you won’t have to regularly use the AC for the same purpose.
Unlike any other articles, we have solely focused on the products themselves and provided the most significant information about the appliances so that consumers can easily determine or select the most suitable dehumidifier for themselves.